I’ve settled into a more long-term life in Sydney, using specific creative projects to take me abroad, such as my podcast, A Life Less Ordinary.
What I’m Working on Now
- Editing the season finale of my podcast, A Life Less Ordinary, which has been receiving some fantastic 5-star reviews from around the world 🙂
- Working with global HR executive search firm ChapmanCG on some of their video content.
- Building a media company with my business partner Adam Moorhead called Nomads Bazaar. We tell socially, culturally, and politically meaningful stories from around the world.
- Developing two TV series treatments, mental health digital campaign in Sydney and New Zealand, and a digital campaign for a tourism authority.
- Continuing to write the second draft of my novel (just finished Chapter 1, yay!)
- Figuring out ways to raise money for A Life Less Ordinary, Season 2. If you have any advice, please email me!
Books I’ve enjoyed in the last couple of months
What Happened, Hillary Clinton: fascinating read, cathartic, and raised a lot more questions about cyber- and psychological warfare.
Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty, Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson: compelling theory (with a warning by the writers that it is just that, a theory, not a policy-guiding tool) about how inclusive political and economic institutions make or break a nation.
The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity, Esther Perel: a book that can revolutionise relationships – straight, LGBTIQ, monogamous, open, polyamorous or otherwise.
Empire State of Mind: How Jay Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office, Revised Edition, Zack O’Malley Greenburg: I didn’t know much about Jay-Z besides being Beyoncé’s husband, until I read this. His hustler spirit from his early days, insatiable appetite for creating and building, and creativity are portrayed through the lens of a Forbes writer.
Assorted interesting reads and listens
This page was last updated on December 19, 2017.